[cisco-voip] Unity Express question: is CPU resource and cores combined when spec'ed out?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Sep 5 17:51:23 EDT 2017

What's the standard thought when a VM requests a certain CPU resource and cores? Is it a combined resource requirement?

For example, CUE v9 (virtual) is asking for 2 cores, 1.9GHz for a +101 mailbox deployment.

Does this mean it wants each core to have 1.9GHz or a combined 1.9GHz between the two cores?

The reason I'm asking is because the UCS-E modules: EN120S-M2 has a 2 core, 2 GHz CPU, but the E140S-M2 has a 4 core, 1.8 GHz CPU.
The E140S-M2 is only a few bucks more and I'd like to invest in more cores. But not if it doesn't support the larger mailbox deployment just in case I need it.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
University of Guelph