[cisco-voip] Voicemail history

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 23:24:35 EDT 2017

I rarely have set an aging policy different than the default.  I guess I'm
in the camp for just letting things fill up, and then let the system tell
the users to clean up their mailbox.

If I put a little thought into an aging policy, Single Inbox and other
fancy features aside, I think new messages should never age, and read
messages should age to deleted after 2 weeks, then deleted should go the
way of the dodo after 1 week.  This allows users to keep a message around
for an arbitrary amount of time, again with no fancy features, by
re-marking the message as unread after they listen to it.  They get the
small burden of having that MWI light on, and on devices without message
counts, that can be a pain.