[cisco-voip] UCS-E and using both internal and external connections.

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Sat Sep 9 21:49:06 EDT 2017

I'm in the process of designing a new demployment of four ucs-E blades (e140s-m2) into four ISR-G2 routers (2x3945,1x3925,1x2921).

The question I have is whether or not I can use _both_ an internal interface and external interface to communicate with the blade? External for ESXi and internal for guests (unity express) running on ESXi.

I'd like to use external for ESXi to stick with existing models but to also remove the router internals as a failure point. The guest itself would need to talk with the router internals to ensure unity express can register with SRST without any infrastructure requirements.

What are people's thoughts about this?

Sent from my iPhone