[cisco-voip] Inactive Device Query?

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 13:58:21 EDT 2017

The problem with CDR searches is that unless you script/program something,
you cannot ask SQL (that I know of) for something that's not there.  I.e.,
Show me all the records in the table you don't have a record for in the
last 90 days.

So then, you would either need to do one of three things, in my estimation:

1) Search SQL one device at a time

Example:

run sql car select datetimestamporigination, origdevicename, destdevicename
from tbl_billing_data where date(datetimestamporigination) >= today-90 and
(origdevicename = "SEP000000000001" or destdevicename = "SEP000000000001")

2) Dump all CDR records for phones in the last 90 days, then do a vlookup
in excel on an export of your devices to see whose in the CDR report

Example:

*CDR*
run sql car select datetimestamporigination, origdevicename, destdevicename
from tbl_billing_data where date(datetimestamporigination) >= today-90 and
(origdevicename like 'SEP%' or destdevicename like 'SEP%')

*Devices*
run sql select name from device where name like "SEP%"

*Excel*
Assuming you pasted CDR in columns A - C, skipped column D, and pasted
Devices in column E, then used this formula in column F (headers on row 1):

=IFNA(VLOOKUP($E2, $B:$B, 1, FALSE), VLOOKUP($E2, $C:$C, 1, FALSE))

The result in column F will either be the device name, if it was involved
in a call in the last 90 days, or #N/A if it wasn't.

3) Write some code that does all the fancy bits for you

Sorry, no example.  :(