[cisco-voip] ISR Sizing Guide

Gary Parker G.J.Parker at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Sep 21 06:56:19 EDT 2017

Morning all, I'm currently running a pair of 2921 ISRs with 4x E1 on
each and a small number of voice SIP trunks using CUBE (we do video,
too, but have epxressways for that). The 2921 series are EOL now and the
Cisco Router Selector
(https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/routers/cisco-router-selector/index.html#/branch)
suggests replacing them with a 4331 ISR. The marketting video suggests
this is a very powerful and capable piece of equipment, far moreso than
my current needs demand, and I'd expect it had a price tag (and
maintenance cost) to match!

I'm sure Cisco used to have a table somewhere for the 2900 series kit
that simply and concisely showed you how many concurrent connections and
DSP sessions each model could handle. Is there something similar for the
4000 series, because I can't find it anywhere!

With two NIM slots and two RJ45 ethernet ports, from a connectivity
perspective it looks like the 4321 would fit my needs so long as it runs
CUBE. I just need to know what any limitations are for the platform
regarding call capacity.

--
|     Unified Communications Service Manager      |
|     http://delphium.lboro.ac.uk/pubkey.txt      |