[cisco-voip] DRS Backup Decrypter Workaround - Need Input

Pete Brown jpb at chykn.com
Wed Sep 27 10:47:04 EDT 2017

(sorry, replied to Stephen but forgot to Reply All to include the list)

Stephen,

Thanks again for the great advice; I'm going that route.  I was able to get an updated version of the DRSD working with newer backups by using a Java app.  Using IKVM has proved a little trickier since the new algorithm requires a security provider in cryptojFIPS.jar.  Unfortunately there are security checks in that JAR's classes which check for the container name at runtime.  If they're repacked into another JAR, they fail to execute.  I may go back and play with that later, but for now the Java app on the local host will suffice.

Thanks,

Pete