[cisco-voip] Robo Call DoS

Matthew Loraditch MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com
Mon Apr 16 11:29:13 EDT 2018

Technically. For a network there is gear that can do it. Radware among one of them and the one we use via our carrier and it works. An effective defense has to have a larger pipe somewhere with mitigation services at a capacity well above your capacity.

I don’t think the CAPTCHA would work, the person just calls and calls tying up the available trunks. You’d need the CAPTCHA to be on the attacker’s end. Based on the description I got they aren’t caring about an answer they are essentially just trying to keep the lines always busy.

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer