[cisco-voip] 8832s

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:06:41 EDT 2018

I wish CUCM didn't ship with newer phone firmware.

Since Cisco already drops support for all firmware older than the most
recent firmware:

- For each IP Phone model, once Cisco releases a new firmware version, the
older versions are no longer supported.
- Cisco expects customers who encounter a problem on an older version of
firmware to test the latest firmware on a subset of phones in order to
confirm that the problem still exists.
Source:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-phone-7900-series/116684-technote-ipphone-00.html

And most people agree that you should upgrade firmware before a CUCM
upgrade anyway, just remove firmware from CUCM.

Not too mention it clutters up TFTP.

I also think that the firmware should be decoupled from the Device Packs.
When adding support for a single model phone, rarely am I also trying to
upgrade 100% of the phones in the environment too.