[cisco-voip] setting up access for APNS - granular vs wide open internet access

Matthew Loraditch MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com
Thu Aug 2 12:32:51 EDT 2018

See page 5 here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_0_1/systemConfig/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1201/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1201_chapter_01011000.pdf

For what servers your servers will need to talk to, if you can do URL based firewall rules that would work.

If not the servers are all Cisco's and in the Webex cloud so the IP blocks aren't that many: https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/WBX264
Now I'm not 100% certain if ALL webex services fall within those IPs. That article is designed for Teams and Meetings.

I will add I've never operated in an environment as tight/regulated as yours, but I have 23 clusters that have been able to talk outbound to internet since their beginnings and never had an issue that had to do with that.

Also you are going to have to think about this internet thing again when you go to 12.x+ and smart licensing so you may want to look up those requirements as well. A few more options exist there where going offline intermittently isn't as much of a deal.

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer