[cisco-voip] "*" makes the SIP provider put a person on hold, or something like that

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Thu Aug 9 19:04:45 EDT 2018

So was he answering on speaker or something and the call picked up an audio artifact from the PC speaker?

With regards to the carrier, I have not heard of anything like that in terms of a standards based behavior. Could be a special/ specific carrier feature / capability that was provisioned when the trunk was setup? I would think the carrier could turn that capability off.

Thanks,

Ryan