[cisco-voip] cisco hdmi to dvi cable - audio from HDMI?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Dec 6 18:08:47 EST 2018

Just coming full circle here. The cable does not take audio from HDMI, you need to plug in audio cable. Good news is, the audio cable works fine plugged into a "headset" port on the laptop (you're asked what you've just plugged in) and it also works with a USB-to-audio adapter too.

The thing that doesn't work so well (as suspected) is sharing video in the content stream. Too bad there isn't something built-in that will kick up the content stream to high bandwidth. I can imagine this being a common request from people doing presentations - "Just a moment while I share this video the team has been working on..." especially for videos from the internet.

Will need to examine how much effort it is to build the macro Ryan suggested to flip the content/video channels.

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Has anyone else noticed their SX20 slowing down a bit after upgrade from TC to CE software? Very sluggish controls. Yuck.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook