[cisco-voip] Finesse Consult/Conference gadget

Martyn Rees martyn at dmv.net.au
Tue Feb 6 21:26:17 EST 2018

I'm in the process of trying to build a gadget for CCX finesse that will allow an agent to conference in a prompt (in this case it's just a script that plays the message) and then hangs up. It's for agents who need to have a legal terms and conditions agreed to before proceeding. Currently they are reading the same script over and over every day, so to simplify their life we'll just have the message recorded and they can just conference in that greeting.

I've built the XML gadget file that will present a series of buttons that will be shown to the agent, and from there they can select the prompt that they wish to play.

The part that I am getting stuck on is my rather rusty skills on creating the js file to initiate the consult, and then create the conference between the script, the agent, and the customer. The Devnet site is a great resource, and I've got a chunk of the script created, but I'm getting stuck on the process to initiate the consult, and then immediately create the conference.

Does anyone have a similar gadget, or point me in the direction of how to initiate the consult & conference?

cheers