[cisco-voip] CUC voicemail certificate issue and UCCX

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 10:05:13 EST 2018

Right, ok so a few things here.

First up, the notification says "Certificate name:<unityconn02hostname>.der
Unit:tomcat-trust" and I don't see that cert in your tomcat-trust on 01.
So, I'm not too certain what it's actually complaining about.  Could be a
red herring.

Next, I think you should fix your NTP since the utils diagnose command
complained about it.  Can you issue the command utils ntp status, and share
that?

Also, you shouldn't use Windows servers as NTP servers.  It is possible to
do it right, but it's not supported by Cisco.

"Using Windows Time Services as an NTP server is not recommended or
supported because Windows Time Services often use Simple Network Time
Protocol (SNTP), and Linux-based Unified CM cannot successfully synchronize
with SNTP."
Source: CUCM 10.5 SRND
<https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/netstruc.html#pgfId-1185637>

Then, usually when I see DNS unreachable, but they're pingable/resolving
for me (e.g., utils network host), that typically means you have more than
one PTR record entered for your server.  Double check that you have no
duplicate A or PTR records in DNS.

That's about all I've got for you at the moment.  Good luck.