[cisco-voip] Unity Upgrade 10.X to 11.5 and enterprise replication

Matthew Collins mcollins at block.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 08:04:59 EST 2018

Hi All,

Just a little heads up with Unity upgrades that I got stung with over the weekend.

>From what I have learnt via there is two type of replication with Unity connection Db replication and CUC enterprise replication.

Prior to upgrading I checked utils dbruntimestate and everything was good on both servers, checked Show CUC cluster status from the Pub was all good, Pub was active and Sub was secondary.

Upgraded both servers no issues. Switch version on the pub failed, Checked the switch-version logs and could see that enterprise replication wasn't set up in the logs to halted with switch version.

Double checked utils dbruntimestate status and CUC cluster from the pub and all looked good still, utils dbruntimestate from the Sub was all ok but when I show CUC cluster status from the Sub both the PUB and SUB servers where showing up as secondary. Could not repair, Long story short had to rebuild the 10.5 build from scratch, Restore then upgrade. Looks like a IP change on the SUB last year during a DC move didn't update all the files it should have, When looking in the root with TAC there were still references to the old IP's for the Sub.

Main point is to check CUC cluster status from both the PUB and the SUB prior to any upgrade.

Regards
Matthew Collins