[cisco-voip] issue with 8851 handset

Terry Oakley Terry.Oakley at rdc.ab.ca
Tue Feb 27 10:48:18 EST 2018

This appears to be a SIP issue but I will ask you much more brilliant people than I to see where I should or should not be looking.   We are slowly migrating from a mostly 7941 7942 SCCP deployment to almost exclusively 8851 SIP based handsets.   We rarely saw any call issues but now with the 8851 handsets in place we have a few users who are experiencing dropped calls (so far only internal calls have been reported as dropped).    The other person in the call path is almost always getting the Perservation mode message on their device.   This is so far been reported as affecting a few users primarily and consistently.   Even to the point where one of them the phone is restarting on a regular basis even when not on a call.   We have replaced devices, moved users to new network ports and still the issue continues.   Any advice that you have that would assist me in troubleshooting this I would greatly appreciate.   I have used RTMT to 'look' at different parameters but am a little green on where or what I should be looking for.

Graciously thanking you in advance

Terry

Terry Oakley
Telecommunications Coordinator | Information Technology Services
Red Deer College |100 College Blvd. | Box 5005 | Red Deer | Alberta | T4N 5H5
work (403) 342-3521   |  FAX (403) 343-4034