[cisco-voip] Multicast Video to SIP

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed Jan 3 14:05:59 EST 2018

All,

I have a really odd idea that I'm curious if anyone has accomplished or thought of how to accomplish. We're working in getting a Jabber rollout planned and set up, adding telepresence endpoints, etc - basically providing video access to many who had never had it before. I do not have an on-premise bridge.

What I would like to do, is it get a multicast video stream, say, from an external IP camera, and make it available as a URI that can be called from Jabber or similar. The end goal would be that we could provide (as a nicety to drive Jabber use perhaps) URI to dial up some cameras that have some external views of our buildings or campus, to let users who don't have a window or perhaps don't often see daylight (myself included!) to be able to tune in to the lake outside, or the peregrine falcon nest.

I would imagine that no, this doesn't really work without brokering the video with a massive conference bridge, but I've been surprised before. Anyone hear of anything like this?

Regards,

Adam Pawlowski
Network and Classroom Services
University at Buffalo