[cisco-voip] CUCM 10.5 Mixed Mode change from Hardware Tokens to tokenless CTL

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Tue Jan 9 11:52:09 EST 2018

Do the phones still have CTLs on them?

Phones that support Securty By Default will be okay as they can get trust
new certificates using the ITL/TVS.  For the old 7940/60s and things like
IP Communicator that don't support CTL, you're probably stuck bulk deleting
CTLs.  UnifiedFX may be able to help here.

You can try adding new certs to the CTL and use the old tokens but I'm not
sure the CTL client will be okay with the expired certificates.  Usually
the phones won't check certificate validity dates.

I'd first try running the CTL Client and import all the CallManager.pem
certificates and see if it lets you update the CTL.  If so, you should be
able to convert to tokenless fine.