[cisco-voip] High Availability for 3rd Party Spectra Link phones

Hamu Ebiso hebiso2010 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 10 09:58:38 EST 2018

Hi Team

We have clustered CUCM for geographically dispersed Distribution Center and retails. We have deployed Spectra link Phones to those distribution centers. We run into some issues and our servers which Spectra link registered to went down for days and customers at DC was not able to use Spectra link because of this outage and it was not good for Voice team including me.  Originally most of the Spectralink phones XML files were setup with only one SIP server. After this outage, I'm trying to add secondary server. I have added the secondary server to test but phones are not registering. I'm just wondering just if someone can share tested XML file for High Availability and let me know if I'm missing anything on my below XML file.

        voIpProt.server.1.address="10.2.5.6"
        voIpProt.server.2.address="10.2.5.7"
        voIpProt.server.1.port="5060"
        voIpProt.server.2.port="5060"
        voIpProt.server.1.transport="TCPpreferred"
        voIpProt.server.2.transport="TCPpreferred"
        reg.1.server.1.address="10.2.5.6"
        reg.2.server.2.address="10.2.5.7"
        reg.1.server.1.port="5060"
        reg.2.server.2.port="5060"