[cisco-voip] CUCM 11.5 LDAP and Primary Extension

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed Jan 17 13:23:04 EST 2018

>   Noticing that if customer changes LDAP  ipPhone field in ADUC that the user's Primary Extension and Self Provisioning ID never get changed unless we convert user
> from LDAP to Manual and delete, re-sync.  Customer is using Self Provisioning so this is creating problems.  Is this by-design or a bug?

This has been my experience, it will remain there until you remove it. Similarly, you can set the primary extension from the API without there being a device for it to be populated with from the end user. Primary Extension I didn't think ever self-configured itself to do anything unless you were using Quick User/Add or some other orchestration. Self service ID but that can be a bit of a pain if you do not de-provision users, it will stick *01, *02, etc on the end of it and stack them up.

Best,

Adam Pawlowski
University at Buffalo