[cisco-voip] Mask / hide connected party number for external calls

Dana Tong dana.tong at yellit.com.au
Thu Jul 5 02:16:00 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I have a video environment consisting of: Cisco CUCM, TelePresence Conductor, TelePresence Server, and ISDN Gateways. They have a whole bunch of SX80 endpoints.

Due to the nature of the environment, it's quite sensitive, and they do not wish to display the connected party numbers up on the big screen (in a public environment) for external phone numbers.

I had configured the "Connected Party Transformation" on the external route patterns for both settings to restricted:
Connected Line ID Presentation
Connected Name Presentation

This changes the connected party to "Anonymous" for external calls but when the call is escalated the the vTS (MCU) it still displayed the number below the participant in the video window.

I configured a custom parameter of {"callAttributes":{"displayShowEndpointNames":false}} on the Conductor and this hides all names/ numbers on the MCU but I'm not convinced it would keep the number hidden for a point-to-point external call.

Note that this is an oldschool video gateway (ISDN GW 3241) so it's not like an ISR running CUBE.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to high the called /connected party number for the external participants?

Cheers
Dana