[cisco-voip] 7832 Real-time Device Status

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:19:15 EDT 2018

To all the people who say: "What is this, a Windows server that I have to
reboot?", yes, sometimes you have to reboot these things.  It may not be
the direct fault of the OS, but at the same time, you are not given the
full access/knowledge necessary to restart specific problematic processes
Cisco has created, and as such, a reboot can clear those issues.

And since I'm on my soap box: Your system should be rebooted regularly when
you apply your patches/updates/upgrades anyway, so you should never see
uptime that's 1,000+ days.  Though, I still see egregious uptimes out in
the field ranging from 1 year to 5 years.