[cisco-voip] Jabber edit forward list...

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:07:03 EDT 2018

I feel like we're flip flopping between directory supplied entries and
local user supplied entries (where I started).  The way you would know is,
the directory ones have a word in front, like "Home" and the user ones just
have the number.  Screenshot?

Ok, so now I think I we are talking about local user supplied forward to
destinations, which takes us all the way back to my original reply.  I said
that if I reset Jabber, they went away.  Have them try that.

I also noted that the  jabberLocalConfig.dat file updates when you add a
new forward to destination, so it makes sense that it's stored in there.

I then tested your statement that they follow logins across computers, and
I found this to not be true, unless I left the forwarding on while I signed
in to the other computer.  Which makes sense, because the forwarding is
then held on the DN in CUCM, and when my other computer signs into Jabber,
CUCM tells Jabber that the line is forwarded and to where.  So, if your
user does see the other forwarding on another machine, that might explain
the scenario.  I suppose they could have entered the destinations on both
machines, but that seems unlikely that they would have done it incorrectly
twice.  But maybe.

You also never supplied your Jabber version or platform, which may cause a
difference in behavior.  Again, my testing is with J4W 12.0(1).