[cisco-voip] CUBE DTMF

GR grccie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:43:18 EDT 2018

Hi Guys,

I am having an issue with SIP provider only supporting rfc2833. The CUBEs are configured only for rtp-nte on all dial-peers facing both the provider and the CUCM internal network (multiple clusters)

Randomly one of the MGCP/h323 gateway is having issues, where it only supports OOB and then further complications trying to resolve the problem.

I am planning to add sip kpml as well on top of rtp-nte to advertise both inband and outofband DTMF methods towards our internal CUCM network and let CUBE do inter-working in case where one leg is rfc2833 (carrier side) and other is kpml(internal network lets say MGCP gateway). Trying to stay away from MTPs.

Any gotchas if I just go ahead and add kpml on top of existing rtp-nte method (on CUBE dial-peers facing our internal network) as I don’t want to break the setup where only inband is supported, hard to check in a global deployment.

Any need to use digit-drop in case both inband and out of band digits are sent? If required it will be only on dial-peers facing CUCM side? Or this is not required as the provider only supports rfc2833.

Thanks
GR

Sent from my iPhone