[cisco-voip] EngHouse CTI Route Points

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Thu Mar 22 17:57:24 EDT 2018

The Cisco JTAPI API includes the concept of a MediaTerminal that can be registered as either a CTI Port or CTI RoutePoint, been that way for a while I believe.

All that really means is the negotiate the RTP TX/RX IPAddress and UDP Port when a call arrives or is placed to/from the MediaTerminal you register

The overview of the MediaTerminal are on this page:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/jtapi_dev/9_1_1/jtapidevguide/featsupported.html

You still need a ‘media engine’ to send/receive RTP streams, the Cisco JTAPI library does not have any media termination, just the ability to control/signal CTI Port/Route Point RTP streams.

I’ve successfully tested using a CTIRoute Point instead of a SIP Trunk for call recording, pretty handy for ourselves when we have a solid JTAPI codebase but no SIP stack (as yet). I’m sure there are other situations when a CTI RoutePoint has been used instead of a SIP Trunk.

Kind Regards

Stephen Welsh
CTO
UnifiedFX