[cisco-voip] 8832s

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Tue May 1 15:13:52 EDT 2018

I think we've got to remember a lot of different types of customers use
CUCM.

I've got some customers that need the ease of use with the COP file
updating the device defaults automatically.  I actually use this method
most of the time as well and just revert the device default change before
restarting TFTP and resetting any phones.

The device packs and upgrades are a bit annoying to me with it changing all
my phone firmware.  I usually Bulk Export then Device Defaults and
re-import after to avoid this.  With upgrades, some phones begin upgrading
before I can switch this back though.  I think some customers would just
never update device firmware if it didn't force it on them though.