[cisco-voip] yet another room kit discovery - no directory URI? here's an IP address for ya. ; )

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Nov 8 17:59:50 EST 2018

So it looks like if a DN does not have a (primary) directory URI associated with it, any calls from that DN to a CE device show up as coming from DN@<subscriber.ipaddr<mailto:DN@%3csubscriber.ipaddr>> rather than just from the DN. Calls to TP devices have the IP address in the missed call information, but at least don't show it on the display when the call is coming through. I understand TP and CE endpoints operate differently, but I was hoping (after updating the Organizational Top Level Domain and FQDN enterprise parameters) that a call coming in from a DN without a directory URI would come from DN at org.tld<mailto:DN at org.tld> not from IP address.

I mean, geeze, we even went through the process of migrating to FQDNs in all our CUCM configurations.... Why is it showing IP address and not the hostname? Phone in question shows hostname in the configuration.

Would anyone mind doing a similar test to see if they see the same results? Dialing a room kit registered to CUCM from a SCCP phone without any directory URI defined?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook