[cisco-voip] Telepresence DX 80 CE 8.x to 9.5 and CTL vs ITL

Jason Aarons (Americas) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Fri Nov 30 18:23:15 EST 2018

   Anyone familiar about changes in CE endpoints going from 8.2 to 9.5 ?  Did older video endpoints use CTL and maybe change to ITL?

I added some new subscribers and TFTP server (realized now without running the capf utility) , and noticed the DX80s have issues talking to new subs/tftp (we are in Mixed Mode) but if I upgrade 9.5+ CE they work fine.  Maybe the upgrade is resetting security settings?  Kind of stumped why upgrade fixes problem.  Also think I need to run a "tils ctl set-cluster non-secure-mode" and reboot cluster.  Don't really need mixed-mode.

Jason Aarons, CCIEx2 No. 38564
Advanced Technology Consultant
Dimension Data
904-338-3245