[cisco-voip] anonymous proximity issues?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Oct 10 17:04:35 EDT 2018

Unless I am completely mistaken, it seems that proximity participation in a t/p session enabled for proximity is completely anonymous without acknowledgement from the t/p operator side of things. At least one document says that if you are afraid of people outside your office participating, you should disable proximity on your device. Wait, what?

I read somewhere where you can lower the proximity HF volume(?), but that's like lowering the wifi antenna power to restrict wifi access.

I'm thinking of enabling only proximity itself and not sharing, so at least webex users can select the endpoint. I mean, they may call a user's endpoint, but in the end, they have to accept the call. No biggie there.

But it really is a shame that there was no acknowledgement or PIN displayed, like on an Apple TV when you want to join the session.

Does anyone know if proximity will be PIN controlled (or anything like this) any time soon?

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook