[cisco-voip] dialing extensions without SIP URIs defined (through Expressway)

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Sep 5 17:34:02 EDT 2018

Another issue...

I'd like to be able to dial any extension using a SIP URI without having to program that URI into the DN configuration screen. For example, we have a VC unit with extension 12345, I'd like people to get a video call back to 12345 at myphone.acme.com<mailto:12345 at myphone.acme.com>.

I've set up a rule that modifies things accordingly, i.e. changes xxxxx at myphone.acme.com to xxxxx at acme.com<mailto:xxxxx at acme.com> and made sure my FQDN enterprise parameter is @acme.com (we need this because all our other programmed URIs are @acme.com). This rule works when you dial userID at myphone.acme.com<mailto:userID at myphone.acme.com>. But we can't seem to extension dialing working.

The SIP profile in question is the Standard SIP Profile For Cisco VCS which I'm _pretty_ sure I didn't change. It is using: Dial String Interpretation Phone Number consists of characters 0-9, *, #, and + (others treated as URI addresses).

Thoughts?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook