[cisco-voip] CUBE setup to Centurylink SIP Trunk

NateCCIE nateccie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 21:54:03 EDT 2018

I don't see any reason to include the media address in the trusted list.
That would be like including all IP phones in the trusted list.

A lot of the time I only route specific IPs to the outside next hop, as a
security measure.  If they didn't indicate where the media was coming from,
it would be easy to miss that and get one way audio.

And centurylink has many SIP plaforms, the registration one with
multi-tennant configs for dual registration is the Broadsoft platform, the
sonos platform isn't adding new customers, and then there is the IP
TollFree/LD, that one is still current and doesn't require registration.
There also are at least two Level3 platforms that are now "centurylink"

Thanks,

-Nate