[cisco-voip] ESXi 6.5U2 - Edit VM Settings - VM Shuts Down

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 08:42:52 EDT 2019

Twice now, on two separate systems, as I was doing my fresh installs of CSR
11 apps, I disconnect the bootable ISOs from the VMs, and ESXi throws the
following Event Log error, followed by shutting down the VM.

*Issue detected for <myvmnamehere> on <myesxinamehere> in ha-datacenter:
Configuration file has unexpected changes. Virtual machine has been
terminated. Unregister and re-register virtual machine if the configuration
file is correct.*

Granted, both times it happened to me, was during the build out, so at
least it didn't happen to me during production.  So, beware, if you are
editing VM settings in the middle of the day, even just changing the DVD
setting, ESXi 6.5U2 will shutdown your VM.