[cisco-voip] ESXi 6.5U2 - Edit VM Settings - VM Shuts Down

Evgeny Izetov eizetov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:30:35 EDT 2019

I had the same experience. It was ESXi 6.5 SU2. It always happened when I
tried to disconnect an ISO from DVD and connect to local host (but didn't
happen when just switching ISOs in datastore). ESXi powers off the VM after
a few seconds and the VM won't boot until unregister/reregister. It seems
to be ok if you shut down the VM first before disconnecting DVD, at least
don't have to unregister/reregister.