[cisco-voip] VVB Speech Server Failover

Steve Siltman steve.siltman at assurant.com
Tue Apr 30 17:48:14 EDT 2019

We have been using VVB's instead of VXML routers for 6 months now and wonder if anyone has setup automatic failover successfully to a backup Speech server?  The configuration on these VVB servers is very limited and relies on host entries to reach the Speech server.  The dial-peer preference configuration on the VXML routers worked great.  Adding a load balancer in the middle is what I'm trying to stay away from since it adds another point of failure and equipment that my team doesn't directly support.  Any other suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Steve

*******

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.