[cisco-voip] Uplinx Report Tool?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Aug 2 09:38:48 EDT 2019

I have. I really like them. I don’t think they’re a big company, but for something like reporting, not sure that’s an issue.

They’ve put a lot of thought into the product. And when I mentioned something to them that would make it better, they implemented the change overnight. They also recently improved their product to include a syslog server so audit logs can be streamed to it rather than a batch transfer.

There were a few things that I didn’t like, some granularity of when to trigger reports, but I haven’t checked if those are fixed. My confidence level is high that if I were to spend the time with them to discuss it, they’d implement a “fix”.

They’re pricing is cluster based rather than device based, so it made it much more attractive as well.

Right now, our deployment is not working due to some upgrades we did, but we’re hoping to get that working again soon.

It will work right out of the box, but customizing the reports and alerts will take some time. And then you will need to revisit after any upgrade.

The coolest thing was their before/after reports. This data is nowhere in Cisco reporting/auditing. Of course, they can only compare snapshots, so if things changed six times between snapshots, you will only get one before/after value. But with audits, you will see that it was actually changed six times.

I rate them a 9/10

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook