[cisco-voip] Azure to Webex User Provisioning and Tokens

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Aug 7 13:05:02 EDT 2019

The URL is just a shortcut way to get an OAuth token for the integration.

You can easily do the same thing via the API if you had to.

Look at the URL itself:
https://idbroker.webex.com/idb/oauth2/v1/authorize

Here are the parameters for the GET request (leaving the %-encoded characters because I’m lazy):
response_type=token
client_id=<some text>
redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A3000%2Fauth%2Fcode
scope=spark%3Apeople_read%20spark%3Apeople_write%20Identity%3ASCIM
state=this-should-be-a-random-string-for-security-purpose

You can see the definitions of the parameters at https://developer.webex.com/docs/integrations.

A given integration can have only one OAuth token at a time, so if you regenerate your token by logging into that URL then it will invalidate any previous ones.
The web page isn’t going away, it’s just the URL the OAuth generation redirected you to when it generated your token, which happens to include your token.
It’s non-developer speak for “don’t close your browser until you copy that token”, and worst case, generate a new one.

Ryan Ratliff
Manager, Cisco Cloud Collaboration TAC
Standard Business Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM EDT
Email: rratliff at cisco.com
Office: +1 919-476-2081
Mobile: +1-919-225-0448
Cisco U.S. Contact Numbers: +1-800-553-2447 or +1-408-526-7209