[cisco-voip] Webex Meeting Server and VMWare patching

ROZA, Ariel Ariel.ROZA at LA.LOGICALIS.COM
Wed Dec 4 14:06:13 EST 2019

Hi, everyone.

I have been asked to patch some vulnerabilities in a couple of IRP Servers from a Webex Meeting Server solution that are exposed to the Internet. There are 8 more serves in the Webex deployment besides the IRPs. It is my first time working with VMWare and patches. Although I have the process figured out, I still have one question.
Is it necessary to patch all the 10 servers, or is it enough with the servers that have been singled out.
I have consuted others, and know that -in theory- every ESXi host is independent from the rest so I am working with the idea of doing only those two servers.
(I know that the IDEAL solution is to patch everyting, but that system will soon be decomissioned and it doesen´t seem to be worth all the work)

What do you think?

Thanks,

Ariel