[cisco-voip] IMP External DB Doc (was Jabber 12.1.2 Released)

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Wed Jan 2 09:10:22 EST 2019

I just ended up having to open a couple of TAC cases to have things clarified on that one since it wasn’t too clear.

The one that should have been in the doc was that the listed supported versions of database engines were sort of “these, and later” in that the doc wouldn’t list each new version as a qualifier per se , which is great yet at the same time if you chose to go down that road with MSSQL based on the bugs that are coming out it wouldn’t be fun.

There’s a whitepaper on external DB maintenance as well that is useful if you want to set up jobs and tasks to manage the database, truncate the data, etc.

I’ll give them that this wasn’t comprehensive documentation, but it is not a set-it-and-forget-it thing to setup the external DB for compliance/pChat/MFT. A lot of the documentation hand holds you pretty well if you’re not familiar with the technology , and I think this is one place to get yourself in trouble if you just “installed a database” and pointed your system at it, then begin to have performance problems at some point in the future. Teams is easier but 1) cloud and 2) has less controls/knobs/hooks at this point if you’re using those.