[cisco-voip] Root Certs Not Installed During CUCM Upgrade?/Smart Registration Not Working

Matthew Loraditch MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com
Thu Jan 10 09:03:15 EST 2019

Is there a known bug on this?

Upgraded a customer from 10.5.2.11900 to 12.0 SU2. Was trying to register to Smart and saw some issues with the keystore in the logs and stumbled upon similar issues and noticed that the VeriSign, QuoVadis and Class 3 Primary CA Certs weren't in my Tomcat Trust.

Not sure if they all were necessary but they are all on another 12.x cluster so I've uploaded them, although I still have issues. DNS is working so it's not that.

I know SmartCallHome uses some related servers, and interestingly I get access Denied trying to look at those settings.

The errors I'm seeing in the SLM logs that I can identify are:
08:45:53.966 |24503,,,CuSlmSvr,4,10-01-2019 DEBUG [SLM-5] com.cisco.nesla.agent.impl.AgentKeyStoreManager#save - JCEKS not found

08:45:53.966 |24503,,,CuSlmSvr,4,10-01-2019 ERROR [SLM-5] com.cisco.nesla.agent.impl.AgentKeyStoreManager#save - saving to keystore failed

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518
w: www.heliontechnologies.com | e: MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com