[cisco-voip] 8800-V-KEM Background Image Issue

JASON BURWELL JASON.BURWELL at foundersfcu.com
Tue Jan 29 22:23:38 EST 2019

Hello all,

Just connected my first few 8800-V-KEM modules today to an 8865. Having a problem with them. Unlike the standard BEKEM modules that the 8851 phones use, the 8800-V-KEM grabs and displays a random segment of the phone wallpaper image and uses it for wallpaper on the modules. Its causing interference in reading the button labels since the part of the image that was grabbed and used on the V-KEM has white whereas the button label text is also white. This is course is not an issue with the BEKEM since it uses a flat white wallpaper with black text regardless of the phones wallpaper.

I'm glad Cisco gave the KEM the ability to display wallpaper but I'm trying to understand why they would not also give us a way to customize or control it through the phone? Does anyone know a way to control the image without interfering or changing the wallpaper on the phone?  TAC has not been helpful so far providing information. Running 12.5 firmware.

Thanks
Jason