[cisco-voip] anyone do Microsoft interoperability through expressway using CMS?

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jan 31 14:29:25 EST 2019

The "Enabling External Collaboration and Federation with Expressway - BRKUCC-2801" session indicates that you need a separate CMS server in order to allow for Microsoft skype interoperability through expressway due to the SIP variant MS uses. Also due to the fact that they stopped developing the internal translation feature in Expressway after they bough Acano(?).

Has anyone done this? I'm suspecting I don't need any actual licenses on the CMS because it's not processing calls, just translating them. I'm also hoping I can cluster them in an HA configuration and not have a single point of failure.

Any feedback would be great.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure