[cisco-voip] CM routing calls based on facility IE

Ovidiu Popa ovi.popa at gmail.com
Fri May 24 14:52:44 EDT 2019

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if CUCM is capable of routing calls based on the
information in the ISDN Facility IE ?

We tested our provider's call failover scenario and we have the following
issue :
- The operator enables the failover
- All calls from our primary site A to our secondary site B
- All calls received on site B have the same value in the Called Party
Number field - the unique number identifying the site B. The number that
was initially dialed on site A is now placed in the facility IE.

According to  ETS 300 196-1 the Facility Element is used only for
supplementary services not for routing calls.

11.2.2.1 Facility
The purpose of the Facility information element is to carry components. For
the purposes of this ETS these components are used to control supplementary
services.

So my question is: can CUCM route calls based on the Facility IE ?

Thanks for any assistance.

Ovidiu