[cisco-voip] IM&P Upgrade Steps during CUCM upgrade

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:08:20 EDT 2019

That’s the process I typically follow without issues.

Also, I can’t recall if this was posted here, but wanted to make sure you’ve seen the recent changes to resource requirements for IM&P.   This may not apply to you if you have more than 5000 users.

IM&P VM resource requirements needs to be updated
CSCvk65006
Description
Symptom:
IM&P version 11.5.1.x or 12.0.1.x installed using one of the following configuration:
150 users (Full UC) 1vCPU 2 GB RAM
1,000 users (Full UC) 1vCPU 4 GB RAM
5,000 users (Full UC) 2vCPU 4 GB RAM

Customers with any of the above configuration might notice an increase use of CPU and Memory resources.

This can be fixed by manually increasing the resources according to the table below:
150 users (Full UC) 2vCPU 8 GB RAM
1,000 users (Full UC) 2vCPU 8 GB RAM
5,000 users (Full UC) 2vCPU 8 GB RAM

Conditions:
Performance Issues

Workaround:
Manually increase resources according to the table below:
150 users (Full UC) 2vCPU 8 GB RAM
1,000 users (Full UC) 2vCPU 8 GB RAM
5,000 users (Full UC) 2vCPU 8 GB RAM

If possible, it is recommended to have 4vCPU and 8 GB RAM as we are seeing more cases with high CPU due to resources related.

Sent from an iOS device with very tiny touchscreen input keys.  Please excude my typtos.