[cisco-voip] using the quick user/phone add - some artifacts

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Mon Nov 25 14:11:57 EST 2019

So, tried out the quick user/phone add. I like it, although I had and am still having some issues. (See notes below for first problem I had, with solution)

The issue/concern I'm having now is that the process does the following:

  *   Creates a custom phone button template with device name in the name of template and uses that instead of the device type phone button template used when creating manually.
  *   It uses the "Universal device template - model independent security profile" instead of the device type security profile when creating manually.
  *   The process automatically enables mobility for the user and associates their userID to the mobility ID.
  *   ASCII Display (Caller ID) is not filled in like the other field.

Has anyone found a way around any of these issues?

I checked the universal device template and there's not options that I can see to pick different phone button template.

I tried creating a copy of the default universal phone button template and that is available in the drop down of the universal device template, but with the same results.

This will mean a lot of going back to change things to match our current SOPs.

Original Issue. Fixed.

For some historical archiving, I ran into the following problem: After deleting a phone I created using the tool, I was not able to (re)create it again. It gave me an ominous "error.add" pop-up.

Turns out, what I had done, was notice that the create process created a custom phone button template, removed this and used the standard device phone button template and then delete the phone after some testing. This left the custom phone button template (with the userID in the name) in the system. Subsequent (re)creates tried to create that same custom phone button template and was failing. "error.add" was referring to the fact it couldn't create the template since it already existed.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio at uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio at uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook