[cisco-voip] Preservation Mode, long time for call setups...

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 18:16:08 EST 2019

Customer has a two C220-M4S's with CUCM 11.5... both C-series are connected
to the same 4-stack 3850 (port channel, mode on)

Customer is reporting Preservation Mode kicking in on the LAN and some
calls taking a long time to setup.

Currently, VMware is set to Route based on IP Hash with PAgP channel groups.

I think we need to change it to  Route Based on Originating Virtual Port
instead, but I cannot prove it before hand...

What could be causing the Preservation Mode on the LAN?

Jonathan