[cisco-voip] Webex Proximity Callback to Video Endpoints with CUCM

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Mon Oct 21 14:00:32 EDT 2019

Hey everyone,

With Webex Meetings video callback to a CUCM-registered video endpoint via
proximity, Webex always tries the DN at domain.com format rather than the
Primary URI configured.

We've confirmed that the video endpoints advertise the DN at domain.com as
well as the Primary URI but Webex Meetings is setup to prefer DN at domain.com.

In our organization and many customer organizations, the B2B Expressways do
not allow DN at domain.com calling.

This issue has become much worse with the new Webex join experience
launched recently.

At ePlus, my coworker opened a Collaboration Idea for resolving this-
https://ciscocollaboration.ideas.aha.io/ideas/COLLAB-I-3255

Webex BU is using this to prioritize fixes and new features.

Can you vote for this issue if it is applicable to yourself or a customer
of yours?  We're really hoping to drive some visibility of this issue.

Thanks,
Brian Meade