[cisco-voip] Where does CUCM/informix store the recordingMediaSource and recordingFlag for phones/lines?

Nick Barnett nick at barnett.email
Wed Sep 11 10:56:32 EDT 2019

We're changing our recording platform and have to move from BiB Phone Preferred to Gateway Preferred. I know we have many phones already (erroneously) set to gateway preferred. The way we are set up, this isn't causing an issue but will in the future. I need to find out how many phones we have set this way. I can't find a way to search on this setting, so I turned to SQL and AXL.

When working with the AXL API, I can use a getPhone call and pull down the appropriate config. I can also use an updatePhone call to change the recording media source from "Phone Preferred" to "Gateway Preferred" and recordingFlag to and from "Automatic Call Recording Enabled" and "Selective Call Recording Enabled." When I look at the numplan, device and devicenumplanmap, I don't see where the recording media source or recordingFlag are stored.

I've tried pulling down the rows of the previously mentioned tables via a SQL select, then changing the settings in CUCM and pulling the same tables down to see if anything changed. Nothing changes so I think it has to be storing somewhere else or I'm doing something wrong.

Does anyone have either a SQL query I can look at that shows how this is stored, or a better understanding of how this parts works? Maybe there is a way to do this in CUCM that I'm unaware of?

Thanks in advance,
Nick