[cisco-voip] Multicast MOH (MMOH) SRND Question

Tim Smith tim.smith at enject.com.au
Wed Sep 18 11:29:01 EDT 2019

This looks to be specific to re-broadcasting (which I haven’t had the pleasure of playing with yet)

Looking at the diagram in there. I assume you configure a new source with a multicast address on your MOH server.
If it’s set to re-broadcast, it’ll be looking to capture the input stream from that address.

Is it just saying since your MOH server is receiving MMOH on say 239.1.1.1:16384
(And would then re-broadcast this as Unicast where required)
It won’t send any multicast on that same address

But you can configure a multicast address – on that source – which means it re-broadcasts the original stream as multicast on a new multicast address as well.

MoH server for re-broadcasting + External Multicast source must be on same LAN (or at least have multicast routing connectivity between them) for the rebroadcasting – so if your server is receiving on one address, you wouldn’t want to be sending out on the same address.

That’s the way I read it which I think makes sense to me.

Cheers,

Tim