[cisco-voip] Can MRA work with old UCM configured with IP addresses?

Dana Tong dana.tong at yellit.com.au
Wed Apr 1 18:25:45 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I have a customer who was installed some 9 years ago and the hosts were all configured with IP address instead of FQDN. They're up on UCM 10.5(2) now and I have spun up Expressway X12.5.7.
The UC Traversal zone is up and running. The Expressway's have certificates installed.
However I am hitting issues with getting the edge config and signing in. I get the usual "cannot communicate with server" when I try to login with Jabber.

I've tried changing some things such as configuring the UCM, IM&P, Unity servers in Expressway-C by IP or FQDN and have had some varying results on the Collaboration Solution Analyser. Sometimes its downloads the user UDS configuration and sometimes it doesn't.

Is MRA do-able with the UCM using IP address? Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and reconfigure all the devices to use FQDN for their clustering? Or is there some kind of easy fix?

Cheers
Dana