[cisco-voip] PSTN Calls Incorrectly Flagged as "Potential SPAM"

Ryan Huff ryanhuff at outlook.com
Fri Apr 3 12:30:23 EDT 2020

I’ve seen this happen on my Verizon cell recently. Was very surprised, it was the first time I had ever seen it.

CNAME dips and presentation are done by the called party’s carrier, so there isn’t anything (functionally) the calling party’s PBX can do to influence that. CNAME inserts are done by your upstream carrier, so if something has actually been modified in the CNAME database for your ANI, your upstream carrier would have done it.

The only real actionable thing I think you can do (besides changing your ANI to something else), is what you’ve done. Call your upstream carrier and give them call samples where your call was delivered by the called party’s carrier and masked with incorrect ANI. Let the carriers fight each other on the carrier level.

Sent from my iPhone